How I get Paid

Monday, May 16, 2011

Resurrection: 1/144 FG Gundam Virtue

Yes! I gave this particular blog the "resurrection" headline, as it deserves to be called like so because I haven't blogged for a LOOOONG time. I have been busy the past few months, sans the continued collection of my treasures, and here we go.

To start off.. again, I give you, the 1/144 First Grade Virtue.





It was bought out of impulse, actually. I never really planned to buy first grades at some point, since I thought it was a waste of money to spend on something that's not so articulate. However, this model does not disappoint at all. True, it could only do a few basic poses here and there, but considering the bulkiness of the unit, it could actually do a lot more that what you might think. Here are a few poses:



Most of the molds were only in a few colors, and there were only white ones, black molds, and a few yellow pieces. Therefore, I had to use Metallic Green Gundam Marker to give detail to the GN drive, and I tried to do a titanium finish on the part along the waist, using the method recommended by Prime92 (from YouTube, see references at the bottom): I painted the bottom layer Aluminum Silver Tamiya Paint, allowed it to dry, then added a thin layer of Clear Red Tamiya Paint on top of the aluminum layer. I allowed it to dry well first before adding a second layer of the Clear Red paint to make it appear clean and evenly spread out.


For the GN Bazooka, I used a Flat Black Tamiya Paint, and a Lemon Yellow Tamiya Paint.
Yeah, I use tamiya paint most of the time. It's cheap!

Of course, as how I've always believed, mounting it on an action base makes it more alive,
since it gives a lot more room for poses.


So there you have it, the 1/144 First Grade Virtue Gundam. I plan to set up one album per kit from this point on, and other pictures too. Well, except for my thesis shots, of course.


Paint technique learned from:

No comments:

Post a Comment